What is Cooperative Conversations?
Cooperative Conversations is a new training tool that is being implemented by DASNR to enable more frequent training for the OCES. CC uses Centra, which is an online conference application. Centra allows participants to hear what the presenter - or other participants - are saying, to see visual presentations from the presenter, and to respond. (See "What is Centra" for more details.)
What is Centra?
Centra is a web conferencing tool. DASNR has entered a cooperative agreement with Texas A&M University Cooperative Extension Service and Arkansas Cooperative Extension Service that provides access to Centra for DASNR employees.
What do I need to participate?
- A computer running Windows 2000 or later (XP, Vista, 7) with Internet access. Windows 98 WILL NOT work with Centra.
- Speakers or headphones (We suggest a USB headset for best results)
- Willingness to participate!
Before connecting to a Cooperative Conversation, make sure that your responsibilities are covered.
- Make sure someone will answer your phone.
- Make sure that someone can help any visitors you may receive.
- Make sure that your CED knows that you are taking part in the meeting.
What do I need to do to hold a Centra meeting?
E-mail Dwayne Hunter a couple of days before your meeting to schedule the use of the Centra server. You'll need to let him know:
- the date of your meeting
- the time you wish to start
- the duration of your meeting
- the topic (In order to give it a descriptive name on the schedule that the attendees will be able to recognize)
- the total number of attendees you expect to have..
Those who have already used Centra will be able to use the name/password they've used in the past. New users will be able to create their own login at the Centra webpage (http://webconference.tamus.edu/main/oces).