Cooperative Conversations, Oklahoma Cooperative Extension Service
What is Cooperative Conversations?
Cooperative Conversations is a new training tool that is being implemented by DASNR to enable more frequent training for the OCES. CC originally used Centra, which was licensed from Texas A&M University. TAMU has stopped supporting Centra, and so CC is now held through Adobe Connect. Connect allows participants to hear what the presenter - or other participants - are saying, to see visual presentations from the presenter, and to respond. (See "What is Adobe Connect" for more details.)
What is Adobe Connect?
Adobe Connect is a web conferencing tool. DASNR has purchased licenses to allow DASNR and OCES employees to use Connect for online meetings and seminars.
What do I need to participate?
- A computer or tablet that can run the Adobe Connect client. (Clients are available for Windows, Macintosh, iOS, Android and Blackberry. As well, any device capable of running Flash and connected to the Internet can connect to a Connect session.)
- Speakers or headphones (We suggest a USB headset for best results)
- Willingness to participate!
Before connecting to a Cooperative Conversation, make sure that your responsibilities are covered.
- Make sure someone will answer your phone.
- Make sure that someone can help any visitors you may receive.
- Make sure that your CED knows that you are taking part in the meeting.
What do I need to do to hold an Adobe Connect meeting?
E-mail Dwayne Hunter a couple of days before your meeting to schedule the use of the Adobe host license. You'll need to let him know:
- the date of your meeting
- the time you wish to start
- the duration of your meeting
- the topic (In order to give it a descriptive name on the schedule that the attendees will be able to recognize)
- the total number of attendees you expect to have..